Old floor torn out and half the frame up
Rub a dub dub
7/10 Monday -- So I didn't really do any more with the staircase ceiling but I did include some pics of what I managed with it so far. Instead today I decided I'd recoat the tub. It's supposed to take 3 days to cure so I figured if I started it today I would be ready to finish the bathroom when my parents were up this weekend. Naturally I started by demoing the bathroom hard. Just about everything is gone (even the toilet is in another room), but I still need a basin wrench to move the sink. At any rate I had to scrub the tub with a cleaning solution, rinse, dry, scrub with steel wool, rinse, dry, and repeat 3 times. Took nearly two hours and it sucked. But after that I put up plastic over the walls and gave the tub the first of two coats. It really does look great to what it was. I mean the floor of the tub was worn down to bare metal before hand. However, I got runs in a couple spots so I need to wait 3 days to buff them out. It just means my parents won't get to work on the bathroom this weekend, oh well. I have plenty of other work for them. Oh and I hit the front door with a second coat of primer and then the oil paint. Hope it dries as good as the coat looked wet. That and I got my permit for the electrical updates. Tough to do some of the heavier stuff when it's over 90 degrees out.